Friday, April 3, 2015

The U.P. and how things have been going... Well I found this bar called the "Black Rock" and it has the most amazing stout I've ever tasted. Good crowds, and best of all, they LOVE their local biking scene!
My apartment allows me the ability to see Lake Superior from my living room window and let me tell you, the most amazing sun rises can be seen. The weather, thats an interesting thing up her. I thought Michigan weather down state was a challenge, thats nothing compared to up here. It was 60 degrees when I went into work last night at 10:45 & when I came out to my car this morning, (8 & 1/2 hrs later), it was 27 degrees and we had snow... I still love it though, the landscape and area as a whole is incomparable to anything down state. 









It's all very exciting...but I miss my family and can't wait to share these things I'm learning and experiencing for the first time with them. I left my whole world behind and cashed in a large part of my savings to see this transition into a reality and things so far are moving right along, but when I see that sun rise, or walk the trails, even just drive around downtown, I can't help but to think...when will they be up here?


No comments:

This is the story of Jim Liagre... My father.